Transport & Infrastructure
We’re a team of people who believe no problem is too big. A team of people that despite sharing the same passion for finding answers, comes from diverse backgrounds and different experiences.
We are leaders in systems thinking and adopt a rigorous, complex systems engineering approach based on best practices gleaned from around the world.
We use it in Defence, to help protect the Australian way of life, in space to deliver emerging capabilities in a rapidly expanding sector and in transport to help governments and organisations make better decisions.
Our team, founded in 2001, headquartered in Adelaide and with a presence across Australia and New Zealand, puts all the pieces of the system together to make sense of a complex world.
About the opportunity
We’re pleased to invite applications from Senior Safety Assurance Engineers to join our growing Transport and Infrastructure team. This role will be based in Adelaide, South Australia and relocation support will be considered.
Reporting to the Program Lead – SA, you will support a range of transport and infrastructure projects across Australia and New Zealand and play a key role in the Safety Assurance Working Group.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Contribute to the development of systems engineering and system/safety assurance management plans
- Perform, review, manage and assess hazard analyses
- Facilitate risk workshops and safety in design workshops
- Contribute to Safety Assurance processes and preparation of outcomes including Hazard Logs, mitigation controls, and assurance arguments
- Assure project compliance with Rail legislation, regulations, standards, and contracts and demonstrate (through evidence) that risk has been reduced SFAIRP across projects
- Consult and engage with stakeholders and design/discipline leads
- Develop and deliver Safety Cases
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience working within Safety Assurance in a transport environment, ideally Rail
- Significant experience in systems engineering/safety assurance on complex projects
- Familiarity with systems engineering tools, processes, and standards
- A thorough understanding of relevant rail standards, state, and national legislation
- The ability to select appropriate hazard identification techniques to progress safety assurance
- Proven experience in assessing situations using risk analysis techniques to construct a safety assurance argument
- The ability to select safety control systems to progress safety assurance tasks
- Experience in structuring independent safety assurance reviews
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant engineering discipline
While not essential, the following will be highly regarded:
- The completion of Engineering Safety Management (iESM) training
- A Rail Industry Worker’s (RIW) card
- The attainment of TLIF2080 – Safely Access the Rail Corridor (SARC)
What we’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to work with specialists in the field of Model Based Systems Engineering and systems thinking
- A comprehensive professional development framework with opportunities for development activities and career progression
- Genuine work life balance with a range of flexible work and WFH options
- A comprehensive health and wellbeing program
- A Purchase Additional Annual Leave scheme
- A range of social events
- A Professional membership allowance
- Attendance at the annual company retreat
Are you curious?
We know that the best solutions need deep thought, so we invest in what will spark ideas and bring solutions to life.