We’re a team of people who believe no problem is too big. A team of people that despite sharing the same passion for finding answers, comes from diverse backgrounds and different experiences.
We are leaders in systems thinking and adopt a rigorous, complex systems engineering approach based on best practices gleaned from around the world.
We use it in Defence, to help protect the Australian way of life, in space, to deliver emerging capabilities in a rapidly expanding sector and in transport to help governments and organisations make better decisions.
Our team, founded in 2001, headquartered in Adelaide and with a presence across Australia and New Zealand, puts all the pieces of the system together to make sense of a complex world.
About the opportunity
We’re pleased to invite applications from Senior Systems Engineers to join our growing Defence and Space team in Adelaide, SA.
Reporting to the Program Lead, your key focus will be on providing engineering lifecycle and systems engineering service and support to major defence clients in the Land and Combat Systems domains.
You will lead specific engineering work packages to deliver required outcomes and liaise with a range of stakeholders including client teams and external suppliers.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Significant experience in Defence Acquisition projects in Land or Combat Systems domains
- Experience in Land and Combat systems integration
- High level proficiency with test and verification activities in the Land environment
- The ability to provide engineering support to ASDEFCON projects
- Proven experience in leading small teams to ensure successful project delivery
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills
- Experience in managing program and technical risk on allocated work packages
- The ability to work to tight time schedules to ensure deliverables are met
- A Bachelor of Engineering in a relevant discipline
While not essential, the following will be highly regarded:
- Experience in writing tender documentation against Defence RFTs
- The ability to use MBSE tools (Cameo Systems Modeller/MagicDraw)
- CSEP accreditation with the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
- Experience with DOORS/DOORS NG for requirements management
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV1 Australian Defence Security Clearance.
What we’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to work with specialists in the field of Model Based Systems Engineering and systems thinking
- A comprehensive professional development framework with opportunities for development activities and career progression
- Genuine work life balance with a range of flexible work and WFH options
- A comprehensive health and wellbeing program
- A Purchase Additional Annual Leave scheme
- A range of social events
- A Professional membership allowance
- Attendance at the annual company retreat
Are you curious?
We know that the best solutions need deep thought, so we invest in what will spark ideas and bring solutions to life.
To find out more about Shoal, take a look around our website: https://www.shoalgroup.com