We’re a team of people who believe no problem is too big. A team of people that despite sharing the same passion for finding answers, comes from diverse backgrounds and different experiences.
We are leaders in systems thinking and adopt a rigorous, complex systems engineering approach based on best practices gleaned from around the world.
We use it in Defence, to help protect the Australian way of life, in space to deliver emerging capabilities in a rapidly expanding sector and in transport to help governments and organisations make better decisions.
Our team, founded in 2001, headquartered in Adelaide and with a presence across Australia and New Zealand, puts all the pieces of the system together to make sense of a complex world.
About the opportunity
We’re pleased to invite applications from Senior Systems Engineers to join our growing Defence and Space team in Canberra, ACT.
Your key focus will be undertaking capability design activities to support the development of Air platform and weapons systems.
These opportunities will see you:
- Work collaboratively with client teams to define future capability and develop capability definition documentation, including Operational Concept Documents, Function and Performance Specifications, and Test and Evaluation Master Plans
- Provide Capability Design Document (CDD) development guidance
- Apply Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches to support the development of concepts and specifications
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Significant experience in systems engineering on Defence Acquisition projects (below the line)
- The ability to provide engineering support to ASDEFCON projects
- Proven experience in leading small teams to ensure successful project delivery
- Highly developed stakeholder engagement skills
- A passion for systems engineering and architecting systems
- Experience in managing program and technical risk on allocated work packages
- The ability to work to tight time schedules to ensure deliverables are met
- A Bachelor of Engineering, or equivalent, accredited, or able to be accredited with Engineers Australia
While not essential, the following will be highly regarded:
- Experience in the development of Defence capability definition documents
- Experience working in the strategy and concepts phase of the Defence Capability Lifecyle
- The ability to use MBSE tools such as Cameo Systems Modeller/MagicDraw/GENESYS)
- Proficiency with DOORS/DOORS NG for requirements management
- CSEP accreditation with the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current NV1 Australian Defence Security Clearance at NV1.
What we’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to work with specialists in the field of Model Based Systems Engineering and systems thinking
- A comprehensive professional development framework with opportunities for development activities and career progression
- Genuine work life balance with a range of flexible work and WFH options
- A comprehensive health and wellbeing program
- A Purchase Additional Annual Leave scheme
- A range of social events
- A Professional membership allowance
- Attendance at the annual company retreat
Are you curious?
We know that the best solutions need deep thought, so we invest in what will spark ideas and bring solutions to life.